Sunday, March 29, 2009

Fantasy Baseball Draft #2

This time I was involved with a 14-team live draft with Bleacher Report editors and writers.

The extra teams diluted the rosters, but it should make baseball knowledge and value picks more important.

I drafted from the 6th position. My fantasy roster is as follows:

C - Chris Iannetta
1B - Derek Lee
2B - Mike Aviles
3B - Miguel Cabrera
SS - Orlando Cabrera
OF - Jason Bay
OF - Matt Holliday
OF - Adam Dunn
Util - Pat Burrell
Bench - Jason Giambi
Bench - Akinori Iwamura
Bench - Mike Lowell
Bench - Taylor Teagarden

SP - Josh Beckett
SP - Dan Haren
RP - Jonathan Broxton
RP - Matt Lindstrom
P - John Danks
P - Jair Jurrjens
P - Joe Saunders
Bench - George Sherrill
Bench - JJ Putz

Considering the amount of teams in the league and my draft position, I feel that I acquired enough superstars and value selections to have a successful year.

While my offense is a blend of seasoned veterans and young players oozing with potential, the pitching staff is comprised of virtually all juvenile arms.

Danks and Saunders are coming off of breakout seasons, and are poised to improve in their progressions. The two left-handers combined for a 29-16 record in 2006, and both exhibited excellent control.

Rookie closers Broxton and Lindstrom consistently throw 95-98 with excellent depth on their breaking pitches. It remains to be seen if they can truly stomach the pressure of the 9th inning.

I have just realized that i have only drafted a total of one Yankee in my two drafts (Robinson Cano).

Their big names usually cause them to be taken above their valued draft slots, or are chosen in the first few rounds before I am given a chance to select them.

Don't worry, my confidence is still high regarding the 2009 New York Yankees...even if my fantasy roster does not reflect it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Member of Boxxet Network, inc ThrillOf (Sports)