Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Fantasy Baseball Roster

I drafted my first roster of the year about a week ago in a league of OPEN Sports employees.

Some of you may not know players on my team, but likely every player you don't know is/was playing in the World Baseball Classic.

It specifically opened my eyes to some solid and unknown relievers.

I was drafting from the 9th position in a 12-team league.

Here it is:

C - Geovany Soto
1B - Kevin Youkilis
2B - Robinson Cano
3B - David Wright
SS - Troy Tulowitzki
OF - Alfonso Soriano
OF - Mark DeRosa
OF - Justin Upton
Util - Carlos Delgado
Bench - Joey Votto
Bench - Melvin Mora
Bench - Orlando Cabrera

SP - Brandon Webb
SP - Jon Lester
RP - Jonathan Broxton
RP - Joel Hanrahan
P - Roy Oswalt
P - Ted Lilly
P - John Danks
Bench - Fausto Carmona
Bench - Brad Ziegler


I am counting on the continued progression of Danks, Soto, Broxton, Votto, and Lester to develop from very good into great.

I am also expecting big bounceback seasons from former stars Robinson Cano and Alfonso Soriano.

Fausto Carmona and Troy Tulowitzki were drafted as solid value picks in very late rounds considering their 2007 breakout campaigns.

If Justin Upton can follow in his brother BJ's footsteps and fully realize the vast potential he showed during parts of 2008, he could prove to be a big wild card for my roster's success.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Member of Boxxet Network, inc ThrillOf (Sports)