Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I'm Off to the Bronx

After rain spoiled my attempts of seeing my first game at the new stadium (I went on April 2 for the first workout), I have another chance at baseball today.

The rain earned a bit of a reprieve, as C.C. Sabathia was pushed back to Wednesday as opposed to Joba Chamberlain.

Being able to see the new Yankees ace in action more than makes up for an untimely rainout.

I will be attending the second game of Yankees-A's, and hope to witness some of the magic of years past when these teams got together in the postseason.

(Most notably, "the flip" play by Derek Jeter seen in the photo on the right.)

Should be interesting to see Giambi back at 1B in Yankee Stadium, and I refuse to boo him at any point during the game. He is truly a great man, regardless of his syringe issues.

I will be back sometime around dinner to give my thoughts on the game, as well as the rumor that the new Yankee crowd is quite "uninterested and highfalutin."

Let's hope for a convincing victory so that the Yankees can move to 9-6 in the standings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Member of Boxxet Network, inc ThrillOf (Sports)