Thursday, May 7, 2009

Manny Being Injected: Ramirez Suspended 50 Games for Testing Positive

Wow. I cannot even begin to describe how disappointed I am right now. Dodgers slugger Manny Ramirez has tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs.

I know as a Yankees fan I should be excited and alerting all of my "Red Sox Nation" friends of their tarnished World Series runs.

However, he was without a doubt the best pure and clutch hitter of my generation.

As much as I craved the will to despise him, it was virtually impossible.

I respected him far too much, and knew that he was doing things the right way.

Hell, he didn't even care enough to use performance enhancers right?

After all, his "Manny being Manny" persona doesn't translate into rampant PED use. Once again, I was proven wrong and naive, and am pained to realize how corrupt the game I love has become.

There is officially no one worthy of exclusion, and Manny represents the breaking point in baseball's PED revolution.

A-Rod was a shocking development, but as time wears on...was it really that surprising considering his personality and mindset?

Stay tuned for the bevy of updates in the coming hours from ESPN and other sources. I suggest turning on a television immediately.

2 comments:

  1. It'll be interesting to see how the Manny news is covered. Will there be a renewed call for the rest of the names on that list of 104 players to be released? Was Manny on that list when he played in Boston? Enquiring minds want to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent points Jane, and I actually just had a similar discussion with fellow writers.

    Will A-Rod be overshadowed? Will Manny be vilified in much the same way? Will Boston fans rejoice or fear the questioning of their World Series wins? Many questions await answers...and I am very intrigued.

    ReplyDelete

 
Member of Boxxet Network, inc ThrillOf (Sports)