Friday, April 3, 2009

"The House that Steinbrenner Built": The Yankees First Workout Digitally Captured

As one of the lucky 15,000-20,000 fans that walked through the turnstiles and into baseball Heaven yesterday, I was not sure what to expect.

My mind was overcome with a violent mixture of sadness, bitterness, excitement, awe, admiration, and amazement.

The adjectives stop there, because shortly thereafter I was rendered speechless.

There exists countless areas of the first base side of the stadium which provide an eerie glimpse inside "The House that Ruth Built".

Joy quickly turns to depression as if I am struggling with bipolar disorder, but it was virtually impossible to remain in that condition.

Sadness brought a knife to a gun fight, and everyone in attendance was left scooping their jaws up off of the newly finished stadium floors.

Here is a glimpse into the team's first steps, swings, and throws in their new home:

"The Great Hall"

The New Facade


Team Stretch

CC Sabathia Warms Up

Melky Showing Off His Cannon

Stadium View: Right-CF Bleachers

"The Captain" Turning a Double Play

Mariano Enters the Bullpen

Cue Metallica's Enter Sandman

Damon Hits Stadium's First Home Run

Teixeira's First Cut

Swisher Acknowledging "The Bleacher Creatures"

Bleacher's "Obstruct-O Vision"

Stadium View: Looking Out (CF Video Board Turned On)

Matsui Long-Tossing

Melky & Garnder Playing Nice in Center

Me Amidst the Fans

...and we end the sneak preview with....

Babe Ruth Plaza: The Man We Can Thank for it ALL

I tried to use as many field/player shots as possible, as I know you are not interested in me posing all over the stadium.

Unfortunately, the bleacher seats do not have a great view of the monumentally large video board in center field, and the Yankee Museum was closed for construction.

I hope I provided a glimpse into what to expect upon your first entrance into the "Eighth Wonder of the World."

The players were having a blast out there, and I had one of the best days of my Yankees fanhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Member of Boxxet Network, inc ThrillOf (Sports)